Mrs. Halvorsen, her dog and Chevrolet dairy truck. The 160 acre dairy, located on Halvorsen Rd., operated from the late 1920s to early 1940s, offered morning and afternoon deliveries. Known to not charge a deposit for their milk bottles and offered a complementary gill (4 oz.) of cream when a customer paid their bill. Sign on truck reads: "Halvorsen’s Dairy, Fresh milk & cream, Phone 123". c. 1930s Photo courtesy of Kevin Loftus, Executive Director of San Juan Historical Museum
This year's photo of the Day series will be a bit different from last year's. The same rules - must be taken this year and in the county - apply with one exception. On the weekend, there will be a historical photo along with a link to a 1913 copy of the San Juan Islander newspaper which was published from 1898 to 1914.