A+ A A-

Spring travel ferry reservations open up March 6

Vehicle reservations on the Port Townsend/Coupeville and Anacortes/San Juan Island routes are currently available to reserve through March 25, 2023.

Reservations for spring travel from March 26 through June 17 will become available at 7:00 a.m. PT on Monday, March 6. Customers can view the upcoming sailing schedules  in advance of booking their travel.

International service to and from Sidney, B.C. remains suspended until further notice due to continued significant crewing and vessel availability challenges.

Customers can stay up to date on service changes by signing up for rider alerts as well as checking our website and social media accounts.

A reservation is a way for a vehicle to save a spot on a few ferry routes. These routes include:

Port Townsend/Coupeville

Anacortes/San Juan Islands (Friday Harbor, Orcas Island, Shaw Island, Lopez Island).

Anacortes/Sidney, B.C. (This route is not operating until further notice due to COVID-19 impacts)

A vehicle reservation is not a ticket. It has no cost unless you no show - If you do not show up, you will be charged a fee. If you make multiple reservations and only use one, you will be charged a no-show fee for the unused reservation(s).

Purchase your tickets online or when you arrive at the terminal or tollbooth to pay your fare.

Vehicle reservations are not required, but are strongly recommended - Limited stand-by space is available on all sailings.

Vehicle reservations are one way - Be sure to make reservations for both your outbound and return trips. Please note that there are no reservations eastbound departing Shaw or Lopez Island to Anacortes. All vehicles are loaded first-come first-served from these terminals.

Reservations are for vehicles only - Walk-on passengers and those bringing bicycles can buy a ticket online or pay when you arrive.

Vehicle reservations space release dates

Space and release dates depend on the route and the seasonal sailing schedule. Find the current and upcoming schedules on the schedule page.

On the Anacortes/San Juan Islands routes:

90% of the space on each vessel is available to reserve. The remaining 10% of vehicle deck space is always held open for emergency and stand-by vehicles. Additional stand-by space may also be available due to no shows. Space is released according to the following schedule:

2 months before the season start date at 7:00 a.m. PST:

30% of standard vehicle space is released

All 90% of tall, non-standard vehicle space is released 2 weeks before each sailing date at 7:00 a.m. PST:

Additional 30% of standard vehicle space is released 2 days before each sailing date at 7:00 a.m. PST:

Final 30% of standard vehicle space is released


Leave a comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil, do not include personal attacks, and pertain to the subject. In order to avoid being overrun by spam, comments are reviewed before they are posted.