UPDATED: Due to instability caused by current technical issues on the WSDOT website, with portions of the agency’s website unavailable, WSF postponed the 10 am November 7 winter season (December 31, 2023-March 23, 2024) reservations release to 10am next Tuesday, November 14. We appreciate our customers’ patience with last minute adjustment to ensure reservations can be made.
Vehicle reservations for travel on Washington State Ferries from Dec. 31 to March 23, 2024 via the Anacortes/San Juan Islands and Port Townsend/Coupeville routes will be available at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2023. This is later than normal to adjust for this new release time for our two-month season release, which is three hours later than previous releases. These adjustments came as a recommendation from our San Juan Islands Ferry Advisory Committee to separate the high traffic demand (online and in our call center) of the two-month release from the those looking to make a reservation during the two-week and two-day release, which will remain at 7 a.m. daily.
Customers should be aware that due to crewing and vessel availability constraints, we have also lowered the amount of vehicle reservations space on our Anacortes/San Juan Islands run from 90% to 75%, leaving 25% for standby. This added standby space will help ensure reservation holders make sailings during service disruptions. Of that 75%, 25% will be released on Nov. 14, another 25% two weeks before each specific sailing and the final 25% two days before. Because of the reduced reservation space, standby space will be available on many sailings and customers will now have the opportunity to travel without a reservation. Everyone is encouraged to check terminal conditions and cameras before heading to the terminal.
For our Port Townsend/Coupeville route, all reservations (80% of available space) will be released at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14.
To make a reservation, please visit Washington State Ferries Vehicle Reservations System (WSF VRS) or call 206 464 6400 between 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., 7 days a week and an Information Agent will be able to assist you.