Attorney Amy Vira of San Juan Island announced her candidacy for San Juan County Prosecutor March 9, 2022. “I came to San Juan County 10 years ago to work as a deputy prosecutor and built a life in a community I love. It has been a pleasure to serve the citizens of San Juan County and I look forward to continuing that service as your Prosecuting Attorney,” said Vira.
In addition to experience prosecuting both felony and misdemeanor crimes, Vira has broad civil experience in a variety of areas including land use law, public records compliance, contracts, and general liability. She also serves the County as a deputy coroner.
“Though challenging, it is an honor to assist families in navigating the difficult and often tragic circumstances surrounding the death of a loved one,” she said.
Vira grew up in Eastern Washington, attended Western Washington University, and is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Law School. She served as a law clerk in northern Montana and then as an attorney at a mid-size Wenatchee law firm before moving to San Juan County.
In addition to her professional work, she is a board member for The Whale Museum and volunteers as a WSU Master Gardener. She is also a member of the San Juan County Textile Guild - she can be found spinning wool from the Angora rabbits she raises at home.
“I am committed to providing accurate and unbiased legal services and upholding the law in a fair and just manner that treats victims with respect and honors the rights of all parties.”
- Statement from Rick Larsen on initial primary election returns
- Ramel declares victory in primary election
- Lopez school levy passes easily
- San Juan County Seeks Pro & Con Committee Members for Voter’s Guide Pamphlet Statements
- Election security a key issue in the WA secretary of state race
- People needed to serve on San Juan County Elections Disability Advisory Committee
- Sheriff race is the only contested one in San Juan County
- District Court Judge Carolyn Jewett running for re-election
- Kulseth running for re-election as San Juan County Assessor
- Thinking about running for office? Filing week is May 16-20
- Jane Fuller running for Lopez seat on San Juan County Council
- Peterson seeking 3rd term as San Juan County Treasurer
- Eric Peter is running to be San Juan County Sheriff
- San Juan County Sheriff Ron Krebs running for re-election
- San Juan County Clerk Lisa Henderson running for re-election
- San Juan County Prosecutor won't seek 8th term
- Warmenhoven is running for San Juan County Auditor