San Juan County is seeking volunteers to create supporting and opposing statements regarding a proposed road levy to place in the Voter’s Guide for the upcoming November 2022 General Election. The arguments will be published in the print and online versions of the Voters’ Pamphlet.
San Juan County Council is expected to pass a resolution submitting a single year permanent county road levy lid lift to the voters in the November General Election. The resolution proposes to increase the county road levy from $0.56 cents to $1.00 per $1,000 of assessed value. The $0.44 cent increase is expected to generate an additional $4 million for the road fund which will support repairs and replacements of damaged culverts, updates to deteriorating marine facilities, and widening of shoulders for multi-modal transportation.
Each committee may have up to three members, though members may seek the advice of any number of people to assist in developing the statements. Each committee’s statement must be submitted to San Juan County Elections no later than August 9, 2022.
If interested in serving on one of the committees, please contact Erin Wygant before August 2, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-370-7404.
- Statement from Rick Larsen on initial primary election returns
- Ramel declares victory in primary election
- Lopez school levy passes easily
- Election security a key issue in the WA secretary of state race
- People needed to serve on San Juan County Elections Disability Advisory Committee
- Sheriff race is the only contested one in San Juan County
- District Court Judge Carolyn Jewett running for re-election
- Kulseth running for re-election as San Juan County Assessor
- Thinking about running for office? Filing week is May 16-20
- Jane Fuller running for Lopez seat on San Juan County Council
- Peterson seeking 3rd term as San Juan County Treasurer
- Eric Peter is running to be San Juan County Sheriff
- San Juan County Sheriff Ron Krebs running for re-election
- San Juan County Clerk Lisa Henderson running for re-election
- San Juan County Prosecutor won't seek 8th term
- Amy Vira running to be San Juan County Prosecutor
- Warmenhoven is running for San Juan County Auditor