The San Juan Island Prevention Coalition (SJIPC) is excited to offer its signature event at the San Juan County Fair: Make a FREE Healthy Message T-Shirt! This year’s theme, “Grow the Good!” highlights the positive already happening here and focuses our attention on growing hope, health, and wellness in our community. “We welcome everyone to stop by our fair booth and make a healthy message t-shirt!” says Cynthia Stark-Wickman, Executive Coordinator.
This year, PeaceHealth, Community Health fund, a regional support program for non- profit partners like SJIPC, meeting the pillars of health, granted support to the SJIPC signature event at the fair and youth leadership initiatives! Each year, the demand for the t-shirt activity has grown for locals and tourists alike. Offering this FREE activity to express positive, healthy messages makes the SJIPC fair booth a popular place to be! This year, 700 blank canvases (t-shirts) are ready and waiting for the celebration of community to begin! What’s the good you want to grow in our community? Add your voice for healthy choices!
In addition to Rock Solid Youth leaders and SJIPC members volunteering, the SJIPC collaborates with the Coalition for Orcas Youth and the San Juan County Health and Community Services at their fair booth. Daily volunteers will be there to chat and get you started on your work of art! The SJIPC Voices for Healthy Choices fair booth continues to collaborate and grow the good in our community!
The SJIPC fair booth will also have a drop box for the Luci B Wellness Van Design Concept contest! The Annual Community Survey is open, so swing by the fair booth to help support health and wellness by completing the 5-minute survey. The State requires this anonymous survey for SJIPC funding. The SJIPC helps fund the SJI Family Resource’s Community-Based Mentoring and Strengthening Families programs, Life Skills Training in Grade 6, and the Student Assistance Professional in our middle and high schools. Most importantly, our funding helps us grow our Youth Leadership Initiatives and Training offering youth skills and the opportunity to be the change they want to see in our community.
See you at the Fair!
- Larsen tours False Bay and San Juan County Fair
- Leadership San Juan Islands is part of the 2022 SJICF Fair Fundraiser
- August 17-20: Quilting Guild raising funds for Comfort Quilts through Community Foundation
- San Juan Island Women's Fund awarded $304K to local nonprofits since 2003
- Help Support our Local Students as They Head Back to School
Latest from Sharon
- New voluntary slowdown for commercial ships aims to quiet the sound for Endangered Killer Whales
- Dec. 17: Free cookie decorating for kids at Aloha Friday Rainbow Room
- Eric Peter: Statement on the 2022 County Sheriff Election Results
- Dec. 4: Dr. Giles presents: Leave No Trace and the Southern Resident Killer Whales
- Dec. 11: Santa Ship stops at Stuart, Orcas, Shaw, Blakely, Lopez and Decatur islands