Since 2004, Leadership San Juan Islands (LSJI) has been offering leadership skill building, training and seminars that introduce islanders to the “systems” that make up daily life across the islands. Our graduates provide civic, organizational and community leadership across the Islands.
We need your support to reach our goal and raise $2500 to during Fair week, August 17-20. We are working to upgrade our technology for improved communications and develop new programs for increased community engagement. Funding supports the annual costs to maintain LSJI’s infrastructure and will help us enhance our technology tools to provide online and community-based workshops in 2022-2023.
The San Juan Island Community Foundation is helping LSJI to raise funds through their County Fair Giving Campaign. Through this program, the first $1,000 in donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Community Foundation. LSJI is also eligible for up to $2,500 in bonus grants awarded throughout the fair.
Donors can contribute in-person at the Community Foundation fair booth, online at www.sjicf.org/fair, by phone to SJICF at 360-378-1001, or by mailing a check payable to SJICF (dated between Aug. 17–20) with LEADERSHIP SAN JUAN ISLANDS in the memo line to P.O. Box 1352, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. The Community Foundation will grant the raised funds to LSJI following the County Fair. To be eligible for matching funds, donations to LSJI must be made during the four days of the 2022 County Fair – Aug. 17-20th.
- Larsen tours False Bay and San Juan County Fair
- “Grow the Good!” with San Juan Island Prevention Coalition Volunteers!
- August 17-20: Quilting Guild raising funds for Comfort Quilts through Community Foundation
- San Juan Island Women's Fund awarded $304K to local nonprofits since 2003
- Help Support our Local Students as They Head Back to School
Latest from Sharon
- $11.6M in grants to WSF will help electrify state’s 2nd most popular route
- Port of Friday Harbor hears proposals for lease property
- San Juan County Council: Contracting for Courthouse repair, working on game plan for Zylstra Trail
- San Juan Islands Sheriff's Log Jan. 18-24: Missing people; animal problem, downed tree scares off mainlanders
- January 27: Unscheduled stops for 6:20 am Anacortes departure on San Juan Islands/Anacortes route