Crowds gathered at the Skate Park at San Juan County Fairgrounds at 5 p.m. each day during the four-day fair. The draw was the Zucchini 500, the zany race where competitors create racers in either stock (actually uses a whole zucchini) or custom (just about anything goes as long as some zucchini DNA is included) categories.
As is evident in our slideshow, all ages are welcome. By Saturday, some of the racers are a bit worse for wear. And if they aren't worn out at the beginning of Saturday's competition, there is always the grand finale - the famed ramp of death.
Photos by Matt Pranger
Latest from Sharon
- Dec. 3: Glenn Hendrick Solo Show at Artspace on San Juan Island
- Sheriff's Log San Juan Islands Nov. 16-22: Escaped chicken, dog bite, dogs loose, internet fraud, DUI
- San Juan County Recognizes the Cultural Heritage That Helped Shape Our Islands
- Items for Sale and Garage Sales
- Share your opinion on possible ferry fuel surcharge by November 30