The annual Zucchini 500 races attracted competitors of all ages at the 2018 San Juan County Fair. Crowds cheered as the wacky contraptions zipped down the two lanes. A new twist on Chicken Races was added after the Zuke racers were done. The chickens didn't seem to care if they won.
And on the final day of the Fair, the ever popular Ramp of Death was set up. And many of the racers took one final destructive ride.
All photos by Matt Pranger
Latest from Sharon
- Leadership San Juan Islands is part of the 2022 SJICF Fair Fundraiser
- Coast Guard Update: Depth of sunken boat increases difficulty for divers, ROV brought in, nets recovered
- Charter amendments will appear on November ballot in San Juan County
- Facebook parent Meta seeks to gut Washington state campaign finance law
- Countdown to the San Juan County Fair: It's Opening Day