Friday Harbor boys roll past La Conner, secure regional state berth Friday Harbor boys basketball team rolled to a 52-29 victory against La Conner Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018 and secured a Class 2B State Regional Tournament berth. The Wolverines (13-8) next play Crosspoint (13-6) in the Bi-District Championship at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018 at Sedro-Woolley High School.
Kyle Mapstead starts the scoring drive with a 2 point lay up. John Stimpson photo
Crosspoint trimmed Orcas Island 78-76 at the buzzer in the Bi-District’s other semifinal Feb. 13. Orcas (9-8) and La Conner (10-12) meet in the consolation final at 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15 in Sedro-Woolley. The winner snags the Bi-District’s third and final seed to regionals and the loser is eliminated.
La Conner trailed Friday Harbor 27-20 at halftime but the taller Friday Harbor dominated the boards in the second half. The Wolverines outscored the Braves 19-4 in the third quarter. Friday Harbor’s center Marshall Clark led all scorers with 20 points. The other Wolverine scorers were: Kyle Mapstead 7, Lucas Chevalier 7, Chase Wilson 6, Rio Black 5, Isaac Mayer 5 and Jaden Jones 2. La Conner’s scorers were: Scottie Miller 8, Jordan Juarez 4, Arlo Hurlbert 2, Trey Casey 3, Charlie Cram 3, Spencer Tripp 3 and Harley Hurlbert 2.
Jadan Jones adds two more points to the Wolverine win over the Braves. John Stimpson photo
Ethan Germain with a 4 foot jump shot. John Stimpson photo
Rio Black on his way to a slam dunk. John Stimpson photo
Marshall Clark slam dunks in the win over the LaConner Braves Tuesday nite in Turnbull Gym. John Stimpson photo
- Friday Harbor boys oust Oroville, advance to Hardwood Classic in Spokane
- Friday Harbor boys oust Oroville, advance in state tourney
- FHHS Boys Basketball Team looks to punch their ticket to State in Wenatchee
- State basketball tournament: Friday Harbor boys vs. Oroville, girls vs. Tri-Cities Prep
- Friday Harbor boys surge to victory in Bi-District championship
- Lynden Christian beats Friday Harbor boys
- Friday Harbor hosts La Conner in first round of Bi-District Tuesday
- Wolverines ready for playoffs
- Feb. 13: Wolverine boys basketball first playoff game at Friday Harbor
- Wolverine boys basketball team by the numbers and links to slideshows
- Wolverine boys basketball beat Lions 55-37