Friday Harbor captured the 2019 Northwest 2B/1B League Softball-Fastpitch crown after sweeping La Conner 25-3 and 15-0 in a road doubleheader Saturday, May 4.
The Wolverines improve to 11-0 in conference play and 13-4 overall with the four-inning victories. They close league play at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 7 at runner-up Orcas Island (8-2, 9-5).
Thea Seitz hit a single and an inside-the-park home run and drove in four runs in the first game against La Conner. Soma Andrews singled, tripled and had an RBI. Grace Pauls earned the win for the Wolverines.
Andrews rapped another three-bagger in the second game and drove in two runs. Ella Mason cracked a two-run double.
Lindstrum notched the win. She gave up one hit, struck out two and walked none in two innings. Raylee Miniken allowed no hits, fanned six and walked one in two innings of relief.
Concrete, lacking enough players to field a team, forfeited a Northwest 2B/1B League Softball-Fastpitch contest to Friday Harbor April 30, 2019.
- UPDATED: Friday Harbor finishes among top-eight fastpitch teams, wins 20 games
- Friday Harbor comes back late; remains alive in fastpitch state tourney
- Friday Harbor Rally falls short in state fastpitch opener
- Friday Harbor fastpitch beats La Conner 20-2
- Friday Harbor fastpitch team overpowers Orcas Island, completes league play unbeaten
- Wolverines win fastpitch game by forfeit
- Friday Harbor takes fastpitch twin bill from Darrington
- Wolverine fastpitch squad twice shuts out Lions
- Friday Harbor surges past Orcas Island
- Wolverine fastpitch team tops Loggers
- Friday Harbor blasts Ferndale in fastpitch
- Mounties fastpitch squad beats Wolverines twice
- Friday Harbor fastpitch squad clobbers Mariner
- Friday Harbor ball teams open season with victories